Am I eligible?
Note: This is ONLY a guide. You must visit your local social welfare office or in the case of those in receipt of Disability Allowance post the relevant forms to social welfare services to confirm your eligibility if you are selected by a host organisation as a potential intern.
Q. Are you unemployed
and actively seeking work?
Q. Have you been in receipt of any of the following for a minimum of three months?
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Jobseekers Benefit
- One Parent Family Payment
- Disability Allowance
- Signing for social insurance contribution credits
If you have answered YES to any of the above and you are actively seeking employment - then this scheme may be for you!
To be eligible
for a place as an intern you must have a live claim and be currently in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/ Jobseekers Benefit/ One Parent Family Payment/ Disability Allowance or signing for Social Insurance Contribution Credits for 3 months (78 days)
or more in the last 6 months.
Periods spent on Back to Education Allowance, VTOS, FÁS/Fáilte Ireland Training course, Youthreach, FIT, Community Employment Schemes, TUS, the Rural Social Scheme, Back to Work Scheme, Back to Work Enterprise Allowance, Momentum Courses, FÁS Job Initiative or Job Assist will count towards meeting the eligibility of JobBridge provided:
- The individual has completed these programmes
- Has a live claim
- Is in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/ Jobseekers Benefit/ One Parent Family Payment/ Disability Allowance or signing for Social Insurance Contribution Credits immediately before commencing on JobBridge.
If you are not on the above payments or are in receipt of Blind Pension or Widows Pension you are ineligible
to participate in JobBridge even if you are also receiving half rate Jobseekers Benefit.
Remember You do not need to confirm your eligibility until you have been selected by a host organisation
- If you are selected, the host organisation will provide you with an eligibility (UP51C) form
- Your local Social Welfare office will complete the form to confirm your eligibility.
- If eligibility is confirmed, the Social Welfare office returns (for eligible clients only) the form to JobBridge for processing.
- Individuals who are ineligible will have the form(s) returned to them by the Social Welfare office/Social Welfare Services and you must notify the Host Organisation that you are ineligible to participate on JobBridge.